Biking Maras Moray Machupicchu 2D/1N
Day 1. – Cusco – Bike Tour to Maras Moray and Aguas Calientes.
At 8am we pick you up from the hotel and travel by own private vehicle to Chincheros, which takes 40 minutes. Here we begin our cross country biking tour on the nice Andean landscape. We visit Lake Huaypo, Maras-Moray, Salt mining and finally enjoy doing downhill biking to Urubamba in the Sacred Valley. Maras is an Inca settlement, and is a place named Salineras, are extensive terracing salt areas, controlled, and used since before Inca days. This trip is for beginners, and experience bikers, you can choose to ride in asphalt road, dirt road and single trucks. Will be a nice experience mixing the sport and knowledge of the Inca culture. After 5 hours biking 35km (or more) is stopping at different view points. The lunch will be in Ollantaytambo and then at 4pm we aboard the train to Aguas Calientes (2 hours of travel), welcoming reception and then transfer to the hotel in Aguas Calientes Meals: Buffet lunch in Urubamba and Dinner in Ollantaytambo or Aguas Calientes )
Day 2. – Aguas Calientes – Machu picchu – Cusco.
first option is leaving at 4:30am breakfast and begin of 2 hours climb to Machu Picchu archaeological site (2500m).and Second option is leaving at 6am breakfast and half hour later aboard the first tourist bus to drop us to Machu Picchu main door, and to be the first visitors inside Machu Picchu archaeological site you will have complete guided tour of this spectacular and mystical place. The guided tour include walk through the different section such as urban, agriculture, and the religions zone was used by the Inca Culture. According with the time and your feeling you can coordinating with the tour guide climb to Huayna Picchu (Young Mountain) this climbing take around 1 hour to get the summit from where you can have the best view for photos of all Machu Picchu and of deep green canyon surrounding the sacred Inca City. At according time descend to Machu Picchu and then free time to explorer on your own. At mentioned time aboard a tourist bus to descend to Aguas Calientes town. Lunch will be in town and then we will aboard the backpacker train to Ollantaytambo (Sacred Valley) and from here we take a private van to drop us to the hotel in Cusco.
- Private supporting vehicle along the bike tour.
- English speaking tour guide during the 2 Days
- Mountain bikes in good maintenance (full disk brake)
- Helmet and comfortable for your head.
- Warm gloves / 01 Dinner in Ollantaytambo or Aguas Calientes.
- 2 lunches ( one in the sacred valley and one in Aguas Calientes )
- Machupicchu Entrance fee
- Time of Riding 4 to 5 hours (Aprox)
- A small bottle of water
- Tourist Train ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo)
- Private Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco and Drop off at the hotel
- Lodging in Aguas Calientes ( Nice Hostel twin bed room with private bathroom and hot shower)
- Bottle of oxygen and first aid kit for all participants and our cam staff (only private service)
- Food and accommodation for our camp staff (guide and driver)
- Tourist Pass( Known as Boleto Turistico to see Maras and Moray
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Small back pack
- Rain jacket or poncho (December – April)
- Tenis shoes
- One complete change of clothing.
- Bottel of wáter
- Flash light and batteries
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun.
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Insect repellent
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits, etc.
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Extra Money (soles)