Inca Jungle Trail (Biking – Rafting – Hiking – Zip Lining ) 4D/3N
FIRST INKA JUNGLE DAY: CUSCO – ABRA MALAGA – ALFAMAYO – HUAMANMARCA – AMAYBAMBA
We pick you up from your hotel at around 7:30 am and travel by bus for approximately 4 hours to ABRA MALAGA OR ALFAMAYO(to be chosen) where we are going to start biking for about 4 to 5 hours we are enjoying beautiful sceneries of those mountains and along we are going to see many beautiful landscapes typical of the cloud forest of that region .on the way we will have a chance to stop at huamanmarca (first archeological site) os after we keep cycling toward to first camp .our biking will last about 5 hours till reaching Amaybamba where we CAMP in our quechuas lodge.
SECOND INKA JUNGLE DAY : AMAYBAMBA – HUYRO – INKA CARCEL – COCALMAYO HOT SPRING – SANTA TERESA
after taking an early breakfast we take a local van ride for 30 minutes passing huyro to get punta carretera (place where we get off and start walking up to get the (first pass) which is 2746 m.a.s.l.and after walking an hour we will get stop in place where we enjoy a nice waterfall . after enjoying the scenery of the fascinating region we keep going an hour to get the Second archeological site of the inca jungle which is known as INKA CARCEL that means INCA PRISON where we will still see some quechuan houses that they are still covered by vegetation ,of course you are going to explore the whole site by a guided tour .so after having lunch we will have a 20 minutes to take a nup and the we are going to the get the highest point which is called PASTO GRANDE 2790 m.a.s.l ,along the way we will find many coffee,coca,tea,and tropical fruit plantationsas well as orchids typical of the cloud forest so after we go toward cocalmayo hot spring to enjoy before we get the place where we stay second night
THIRD INKA JUNGLE DAY :SANTA TERESA – LLACTAPATA – HYDROELECTRIC TRAIN STATION – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will Wake up very early and after taking breakfast We will continue an hour ride to get Lucmabamba where we start hikking up 2 hours to Llactapata where you will have a chance to see machupicchu city and huaynapicchu mountain with a different view .and then we descend 3 more hours to Hydroelectric train station to take the local train to get aguas calientes town
(optional in case you want to do zip line (2 hours) we drive 15 minutes from santa teresa to get the CAMP (cola de Mono) and takes 2 hours in total see the video above).you have to add extra US$ 60 per person.
FOURTH INKA JUNGLE DAY: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
The most important day because we visit fully Machu picchu, we will Walk up 1:30 hours to the same Sanctuary of Machu picchu we will try to get as sun is rising up to see the sunrise or take postcard pictures so after a 20 minutes of free time to take pictures we are going to start exploring the city itself. Our guide will explain you the story of machupicchu about two hours and then you will get free time to explore by yourselves to take pictures. In the afternoon you have to go down to aguas calientes town to take the train to ollantaytambo and then bus back to cusco.
INKA JUNGLE INCLUDES:
- Pre-departure inka jungle briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
- Professional Quechua Spanish and English speaking inka jungle trail tour guide
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 6:00am)
- Private Transportation Van Cusco – Abra Malaga – Amaybamba or Santa Maria (first camping spot) NOTE The Private Van will accompany you. if somebody gets tired can take the van to santa maria *first camping spot only , then the Van will bring all bikes back to cusco.
- Tourist train (EXPEDITION) back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (2 hours aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. )
- Entrance fee to Machu picchu
- Local Transportation santa teresa to Lucmabamba 1 hour (3rd day)
- Food: *3 breakfasts,3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners
- Mountain full suspension MOSSO or KONNA Bike ,Helmet and gloves (click here to see details of quechuas expeditions Biking Equipment)
- 3 nights accommodation in a hostel santa maria, santa teresa & aguas calientes (click here to see the hostal in aguas calientes town)
- Health Insurance for our porters, cooks,guides, field crew and Quechuas Expeditions staff
- Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
- Quechuas Expeditions Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
- Oxygen balloon for any emergency
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
- First Aid kit and Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco. Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our quechuas expeditions office.
- *Vegetarian/special diet options free available
Quechuas Expeditions Additional Things Include
Quechuas Expeditions Bottle for free. Get one for free at the office.
Please help us to reduce or eliminate the generation of plastic waste by refilling this bottle in any of the water stations located throughout on the treks. This is part of our efforts towards a cleaner and healthier environment. Sponsored by Quechuas Expeditions (The Best Local Tour Operator)
Get one of this Bottle for Fee at our Office!!!
Quechuas Expeditions Water Bottles (Get one for Free)
NOTE: Train included in all tours is the Cerrojo-backpacker (Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo) Train times will only be confirmed once full amount of tour is paid. The earliest train you could take is the 14:00 and being the 9:00 pm the last train. quechuas expeditions will organize the transport back to Cusco (by taxi or by bus).
Please Note: train times are subject to change depending on Peru rail click here to see timestable and availability.If organized in advance, the train can be upgraded to Vistadome (larger windows than the backpaker cerrojo train to ollantaytambo ) for an increased price.of US$ 40 let us know please.
INCA JUNGLE DOESN’T INCLUDE:
- Breakfast on the first morning (ask at your hotel)
- Entrance to the hot springs water Santa Teresa / Colcalmayo 15 soles or Aguas Calientes 10 soles(click here to see hot springs)
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu (optional/ instead of walking) ( one way US$7 and you can Buy it at the Aguas Calientes bus station) aguas calientes to Machupicchu.
- Last Lunch in aguas calientes town
- Bus down tickets from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town US$ 7 one way
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON INKA JUNGLE:
- Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
- Travel Insurance card is essential
- Sleeping bag (not included)
- hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sun hat and gloves
- T-shirts / shirts
- Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
- Rain pants
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
- Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
- Water bottle.
- Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
- Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING ON INKA JUNGLE:
- Short pants , Plaster and bandages
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us
NOTE: walking poles are not allowed into machu picchu city.