Inca Trail Via Llactapata Trek 2D/1N (new)
FIRST INCA TRAIL VIA LLACTAPATA DAY: CUSCO-URUBAMBA-OLLANTAYTAMBO-SANTA MARIA-SANTA TERESA-LUCMABAMBA-LLACTAPATA
Your guide will come to pick you up from your hotel in cusco and take the bus or van *depends on group size .to drive four and half hours towards santa maria and then we keep going 2 more hours to get first santa teresa and then Lucmabamba 2085 m.a.s.l where we stop to have lunch and after a nap we start hiking from Lucmabamba to Llactapata 2740 this a nice part of the trail because you will walk on an original inka trail that goes to one of the most famous quechuan site of Llactapata where you will have a nice view of Machupicchu city and huayna picchu mountain and many more sacred mountain far away then after exploring this site we continue to hydroelectric for 2 hours and 2 more to Aguas Calientes town.
SECOND INCA TRAIL VIA LLACTAPATA DAY :LLACTAPATA-HIDROELECTRIC POWER STATION-AGUAS CALIENTES-MACHU PICCHU-CUSCO
Important day ,We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave to walk up to Machupicchu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machupicchu (25-minutes long) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huaynapicchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.and after enjoying machupicchu you have to go down to aguas calientes to take the train back to ollantaytambo and then bus back cusco.
INCA TRAIL VIA LLACTAPATA INCLUDES:
- Pre-departure inca trail via llactapata briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
- Professional Quechua Spanish and English speaking inca trail llactapata tour guide
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 4:00 to 4:30 am
- Private Transportation Van to SAHUAYACO OR LA PLAYA ( trailhead)
- Tourist train (cerrojo-backpacker ) back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (2 hours aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. )
- Entrance fee to the Inca Trail via llactapata and Machu picchu
- Food: *1 breakfasts,1 lunches, 1 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 1 dinners
- Health Insurance for our porters, cooks,guides, field crew and Quechuas Expeditions staff
- Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
- Quechuas Expeditions Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
- Oxygen balloon for any emergency
- Two-hours guided tour upon your arrival in Machu Picchu( to explore every important temple of the Santuary).
- Single Tents and vegetarian meals available upon request with no extra cost
- Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!)
- Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
- First Aid kit for Emergencies.
- Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco.
Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our Quechuas Expeditions office.
Quechuas Expeditions Additional Things Include From March 2013 – January 2014
Quechuas Expeditions Bottle for free. Get one for free at the office.
Please help us to reduce or eliminate the generation of plastic waste by refilling this bottle in any of the water stations located throughout on the treks. This is part of our efforts towards a cleaner and healthier environment. Sponsored by Quechuas Expeditions (The Best Local Tour Operator)
Get one of this Bottle for Fee at our Office!!!
Quechuas Expeditions Water Bottles (Get one for Free)
NOTE: Train included in all tours is the Cerrojo-backpacker (Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo) Train times will only be confirmed once full amount of tour is paid. The earliest train you could take is the 14:00 and being the 9:00 pm the last train. quechuas expeditions will organize the transport back to Cusco (by taxi or by bus).
Please Note: train times are subject to change depending on Peru rail click here to see timestable and availability.If organized in advance, the train can be upgraded to Vistadome (larger windows than the backpaker cerrojo train to ollantaytambo ) for an increased price.of US$ 40 let us know please.
INCA TRAIL VIA LLACTAPATA DOESN’T INCLUDE:
- Breakfast on the first morning (ask at your hotel)
- Entrance to the hot spring in Aguas Calientes 10 soleslick here to see hot springs)
- Last Lunch in aguas calientes town
- Bus down tickets from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town US$ 8 one way
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON INCA TRAIL VIA LLACTAPATA:
- • Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
• Travel Insurance card is essential
• Sleeping bag (not included)
• hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
• Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
• Warm jacket
• Sun hat and gloves
• T-shirts / shirts
• Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
• Rain pants
• Bathing suit (for hot springs in Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes)
• Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
• Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
• Water bottle.
• Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
• Toilet paper and wet wipes
• Personal medication
• Camera and films
• Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
• Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping horseman, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING ON INCA TRAIL VIA LLACTAPATA:
- Short pants , Plaster and bandages
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us
NOTE walking poles are not allowed into machu picchu city.