Manu Biosphere Reserve 7D/6N
FIRST DAY: CUSCO – PILCOPATA LODGE
We leave from Cusco in our comfortable bus, ascending to the folkloric town of Paucartambo. On the way we visit the Pre Incas funeral towers of Ninamarca. Then we drive through the impressive cloud forest full of plants and beautiful orchids, here we take our first hike and we have the chance to observe the Peru´s national bird-Cock of the Rocks (Rupicola Peruviana), monkeys and many different species of birds. With luck the only South American bear-the Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos Ornatus). In the evening we arrive to Pilcopata, we sleep in a typical lodge. Showers and toilets shared.
SECOND DAY: PILCOPATA – BOCA MANU
In the morning after a delicious breakfast, the bus transfers the group to the port of Atalaya, where the adventure begin by motorized boat, to Boca Manu through the Alto Madre de Dios river (6 hours), you can bath in naturals hot springs and swim on the river . In our journey you will appreciate amazing landscapes, enjoy also warm climate of the rain forest. In the afternoon we have a walk exploring the jungle for few hours in order to see caimans (Caiman Crocodylus), birds and medicinal plants.
THIRD DAY: BOCA MANU – CASA MACHIGUENKA LODGE
After breakfast we continue our journey by boat up the alto Madre de Dios river in order to get to Boca Manu Village, we have a little stop for buying some supplies and then we continue into the Manu Biosphere Reserve, up the stream (Manu river). Next stop at the Park Control (Puesto de vigilancia Limonal) and them we continue our trip to Casa Machiguenka Lodge, but in the way we will appreciate many different kinds of animals such as Capybaras, peccaries, monkeys, brilliant birds, white and black Caimans, or even the amazing Jaguar. Late afternoon we arrive at Casa Machiguenka Lodge, which includes the same amenities while still rustic, cozy and intimate in its surroundings of the Jungle of Manu .Exclusively managed by indigenous Machiguenka, original caretakers of the Manu wilderness. (Optional Night Walk).
About the Casa Matsiguenka
The Casa Matsiguenka is designed using the indigenous people’s building techniques and counts on 12 fully screened twin rooms. Beds are furnished with mosquito nets. There is a private trail system and local Matsiguenka guides will accompany you on the trails. There is an interactive interpretation center and locally made souvenirs are for sale
manu national park.
FOURTH DAY: CASA MACHIGUENKA LODGE
This day we will explore the jungle for more hours, on the way we will appreciate many different kinds of animals: tapir, collared peccaries, monkeys, coatis. Birds: parrots, toucans, medicinal plants, flowers, and giant trees of the jungle. We will have our lunch in the jungle, then we visit Salvador and Otorongo lake where we will use a Catamaran (raft boat) and enjoy watching the wild population of the amazing lake, like Caimans and the famous Giant Otter. We will return to Casa Machiguenka Lodge and spend the night here. Night walks optional, to spot different types of spiders (Tarantulas).
FIFTH DAY: CASA MACHIGUENKA LODGE – AGUAS CALIENTES
We leave the lodge after Breakfast to continue our adventure trip, river down to Boca Manu On the way if we are very lucky we might see the famous Jaguar along the beaches. After this activities we take our boat river up (Alto Madre de Dios) to Aguas Calientes.
In the afternoon we have a walk exploring the jungle for few hours in order to see birds and more wild life, (we sleep in tents).
SIXTH DAY: AGUAS CALIENTES – CLAY LICK PARROTS — HARPY LODGE
We will get up early to take our motorized boat to the Clay Lick Parrots, we are going to observe the green parrots, blue headed parrot (Pionus Menstrus), mealy parrot (Amazona farinosa), chestnut-fronted macaw (Ara severa) and some others, returning to the campsite, after breakfast we continue river up (Madre de Dios) to the next lodge.
We will walk to a very nice lake (machuasi), to appreciate the prehistoric bird-hoatzin (opisthocomus Hoazin), monkeys, capybaras (The largest rodent in the world) and some more.
In the evening we will build a bonfire, relax and have some drinks and a BBQ.
SEVENTH DAY: HARPY LODGE – ATALAYA — CUSCO
The sun rise is going to wake us up in the morning, and we will start to say good bye to the Amazon, then we pack every thing and after breakfast, the boat will take us to the port of Atalaya. Our bus will be waiting to ride us back to the city of Cusco.
MANU JUNGLE HOLIDAY INCLUDES:
- Pre departure manu jungle trip breafing at the hotel/office
- Qualified naturalist native jungle English/Spanish-speaking guide
- cook who is charge of making the food /cooking equipment
- camping equipment/tents and mats (in case we camp in the jungle)
- Transportation by private bus from Cusco to the Cloud Forest and Atalaya , and back from Atalaya to Cusco (4 day tour)
- Transportation by private boat: Atalaya / Bonanza lodge / Atalaya (4-day tour)
- Overnights in lodges and camping huts
- Mineral water all the time
- 3 Meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Manu National Park guide book – Talking About Manu
- Manu National Park entrance fee
- Entrance fee to the hot springs
- Vegetarian option…send us you requirements please.
- Entrance to Soga de Oro
- First Aid Kit (bring your personal Medication)
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON THIS MANU JUNGLE HOLIDAY:
- Rainforest expeditions are not comfortable tours, but with the following equipment you will get the best out of the forest and yourself:
- Binoculars (imperative)
- Flashlight with spare bulbs and extra batteries
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired from us US$5 a day)
- Day pack
- Long pants and long-sleeved shirts
- T-shirts light shirts
- Shorts/Bathing suit
- Sweater or light jacket
- 1 pair of hiking boots and 1 pair of light shoes or trekking sandals
- Long socks
- Rain gear
- Rubber boots (only in the rainy season-we provide them)
- Sunhat, sunglasses, sun block
- Insect repellent (with at least 40% DEET) and after bite
- Plastic bags (to keep everything dry)
- Water bottle (with water for the bus ride into Manu)
- Copy of a valid passport
- Copy of yellow fever and tetanus vaccinations
- Money for soft drinks or beers and handicrafts
Prices & Availability
2017 Price per person US$1200/Double/Twin bed room(Private bungalow)
Payment of deposit:
- For any our Amazon Manu Natural reserveJungle tour
We request a non-refundable deposit US$100 per person along with personal details of each member participating in the trek:
Full Passport names
Date of Birth(DOB)