Manu Jungle Holiday 5D/4N (Expedition)
FIRST DAY: CUSCO – PILCOPATA LODGE
We leave from Cusco in our comfortable bus, ascending to the folkloric town of Paucartambo. On the way we visit the Pre Incas funeral towers of Ninamarca. Then we drive through the impressive cloud forest full of plants and beautiful orchids, here we take our first hike and we have the chance to observe the Peru´s national bird-Cock of the Rocks (Rupicola Peruviana), monkeys and many different species of birds. With luck the only South American bear-the Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos Ornatus). In the evening we arrive to Pilcopata, we sleep in a typical lodge. Showers and toilets shared.
SECOND MANU NATIONAL PARK JUNGLE HOLIDAY DAY: PILCOPATA -BONANZA.
After breakfast we will continue by private bus to Atalaya. On the way we will stop to observe a Coca plantation, we will also stop at a view point where you can get a good overview of the jungle and river. From Atalaya we leave by motorized boat to Aguas Calientes, where you can bath in the nature hot springs. From there we will continue by boat to Bonanza (camping platforms). We will arrive mid-afternoon. In the late afternoon we will walk in the jungle and fish in the river, returning to Bonanza for dinner. After dinner we will take a night walk in the jungle to look for spiders and snakes. We will camp on our platforms in tents.
THIRD MANU NATIONAL PARK JUNGLE HOLIDAY DAY: BONANZA – CONDEJA RIVER. (Research Zone, Manu National Park)
We walk thought the jungle to the Condeja River, bringing all the equipment including food. On the way we will appreciate many different kinds of animals; such as tapir, collared peccaries, monkeys, coati; birds such as eagles, parrots, toucans, medicinal plants, flowers, and the giant trees of the jungle. On arrival we will swim in the river and fish. After dark we will catch Caimans. We camp close to the river in tents, deep in the jungle.
OURTH MANU NATIONAL PARK JUNGLE HOLIDAY DAY: CONDEJA RIVER. (Manu National Park)
We will explore the pristine jungle exploring the flora and fauna, having adventures, camping, fishing, looking at the ornithology, botany, herpetology, medicinal plants. In the evening we will return to the campground and make a campfire and drink typical jungle drinks.
FIFTH MANU NATIONAL PARK JUNGLE HOLIDAY DAY: SOGA DE ORO – CUSCO.
We will get up early to visit the parrots clay lick and after breakfast we will return to Atalaya by boat where our private bus will waiting for us to take us back to Cusco via the cloud forest and Paucartambo. We will arrive back in Cusco in the late afternoon.
MANU JUNGLE HOLIDAY INCLUDES:
- Pre departure manu jungle trip breafing at the hotel/office
- Qualified naturalist native jungle English/Spanish-speaking guide
- cook who is charge of making the food /cooking equipment
- camping equipment/tents and mats (in case we camp in the jungle)
- Transportation by private bus from Cusco to the Cloud Forest and Atalaya , and back from Atalaya to Cusco (4 day tour)
- Transportation by private boat: Atalaya / Bonanza lodge / Atalaya (4-day tour)
- Overnights in lodges and camping huts
- Mineral water all the time
- 3 Meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Manu National Park guide book – Talking About Manu
- Manu National Park entrance fee
- Entrance fee to the hot springs
- Vegetarian option…send us you requirements please.
- Entrance to Soga de Oro
- First Aid Kit (bring your personal Medication)
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON THIS MANU JUNGLE HOLIDAY:
- Rainforest expeditions are not comfortable tours, but with the following equipment you will get the best out of the forest and yourself:
- Binoculars (imperative)
- Flashlight with spare bulbs and extra batteries
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired from us US$5 a day)
- Day pack
- Long pants and long-sleeved shirts
- T-shirts light shirts
- Shorts/Bathing suit
- Sweater or light jacket
- 1 pair of hiking boots and 1 pair of light shoes or trekking sandals
- Long socks
- Rain gear
- Rubber boots (only in the rainy season-we provide them)
- Sunhat, sunglasses, sun block
- Insect repellent (with at least 40% DEET) and after bite
- Plastic bags (to keep everything dry)
- Water bottle (with water for the bus ride into Manu)
- Copy of a valid passport
- Copy of yellow fever and tetanus vaccinations
- Money for soft drinks or beers and handicrafts
Prices & Availability
2017 Price per person US$600/Double/Twin bed room(Private bungalow)
Payment of deposit:
- For any our Amazon Manu Natural reserveJungle tour
We request a non-refundable deposit US$100 per person along with personal details of each member participating in the trek:
Full Passport names
Date of Birth(DOB)