Inca Trail Nazca Sport Package 14D/13N
Day 01: Arrive Lima City Tour (Overnight Hotel Lima).
Day 02: Arrive Cusco & Cusco City Tour (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 03: Rafting or Biking Full Day (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 04: Horseback Riding Maras & Moray (Full Day) (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 05: Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Days 06 – 07 -08: Start the classic Inca Trail (Camping).PERMIT REQUIRED BOOK IN ADVANCE options instead of classic inca trail Lares trek/Salcantay trek/inca jungle
Day 09: Arrive at Machu Picchu (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 10: Travel to Cusco to Puno visiting Andahuaylillas, Inca temple of raqchi, pucara our way (Overnight Hotel Puno).
Day 11: Visit the beautiful island of Uros and Amantani on Lake Titicaca (Overnight Amantani home stay).
Day 12: Island Visits – Taquile (Overnight Hotel Puno).
Day 13: Transfer to Airport (Flight Juliaca to Lima) (Overnight Hotel Lima)
Day 14: Early Bus to Nazca and Flight over Nazca Lines bus back arriving to Lima at 6:00pm.
(End of the service)
Arrive in Lima and transfer to your hotel. If arriving during the day, your hotel will be in the neighborhood of Miraflores, with good shopping and restaurants, and you’ll have an included city tour in the afternoon. If arriving late at night, you’ll be close to the airport for a bit more sleep before your next day’s flight, and you’ll have a tour of Lima upon your return.
Transfer to the airport to take the Morning flight over the Andes to Cuzco. After checking into your hotel, we’ll head to the Plaza de Armas, the center of old Cuzco, then climb up to the ruins of Sacsayhuaman above town for great afternoon views over the city. Depending on your arrival time, there may be time for shopping or more sightseeing in the afternoon.
Day 3: RIVER RAFTING AT CHUQUICAHUANA URUBAMBA RIVER
One of our most popular white water rafting adventure tours is the “Cusipata” section of the river on the Upper Urubamba. There are good class IIl rapids and the water is very pure. We pick you up at your hotel, after one and a half hours drive we arrive to the put -in at the shores of the Upper Urubamba River. Our professional white water rafting guides will give you a safety talk and provide you with all the proper equipment for white water rafting. We will be floating for approximately two to two and a half hours, running numerous class II and III type rapids. Afterwards, we arrive to the take-out. Then a hot lunch will be provided as well as a sauna and hot showers. Our return to Cusco should be around 4:30-5:00pm in the afternoon. This is a full day adventure tour!
Day 4: Cusco / Maras Town / Salt flats of Maras / Moray Agricultural Terraces
we Pick you up at 8:00 am from your hotel in Cusco. Transfer to ranch, located in the sacred valley (Maras). At ranch we will meet our horses and complete explanation about the premises and an introduction of our national horse, riding courses and equitation lead by an experience instructor. After lunch we depart toward the picturesque village of Maras. Then to the salt platforms of Salineras (Inca times), still being used by the locals to extract salt from the mountain spring water. Where the salty water is channeled through an impressive irrigation system and left to evaporate in the sun.Continue 2 hours climbing riding the horses (1000m) to reach the high Andean. Over at 3750m the stunning scenery and the snow-capped mountains of Chicon, Veronica and Salkantay is impressive. Cooling of the products was achieved by using a genius system of underground air-circulation. Ride to Lake Huaypo, there will have box lunch with spectacular scenery of snow-capped mountains, wildflowers and beautiful mountain lakes. Ride to Moray terraces, this area was served as an experimental agricultural station for the development of different crop strains, using the climates of different ecological zones. There are no great ruins in Moray to impress visitors. Moray is more for the contemplative traveler with an affinity for such phenomena as the Nasca Lines. From Moray we come back down to the Valley floor, after riding we come back to the ranch. At 4 pm transfer back to Cusco.
Sacred Valley Tour Travel through the Sacred Valley and visit the towns and Inca ruins of Pisaq and Ollantaytambo. Get a chance to learn a little about the local people, their way of life and their traditional weaving techniques.and after we go to chincheros where explore the last place of the sacred valley of the incas and then back to cusco.(HOTEL)
Start the Inca Trail: Depart from Km 82 and cross the Urubamba River Bridge and begin our walk in the footsteps of the Incas. We travel along the winding path that skirts the river, offering views of the Vilcanota mountain range. Our route journeys through the narrow Cusichaca valley and later we’ll reach the indigenous community of Huayllabamba. Our local crew of porters cook and guide look after us well for the duration of the hike. Porters carry the majority of the gear for the hike, so those passengers doing the hike only need carry a small daypack for the daily essentials. We camp at Wayllabamba. Approx. walking time 5 hours (CAMPING)
On the second day we climb the long steep path to Warmiwañusca, or Dead Woman’s Pass. Don’t be put off by the name – with your guide’s encouragement you’ll make it to the top and enjoy the fantastic view that awaits you! At 4215 m (13769 ft) above sea level, this pass is the highest point of the trek. The second pass of the hike is Runcuracay (3998 m)(13113 ft) where on clear days, we enjoy superb views of the snow-capped Cordillera Vilcabamba. Tonight we camp at Pacaymayo. Approx. walking time 7 hours (CAMPING)
Today the trail goes through some beautiful cloud forest on a climb which is steeper than Dead Woman’s Pass but shorter (1 ½ hours), you will walk through a causeway and a tunnel, both original Inca constructions. The highest point of the third pass is at 3700m (12136 ft). On clear days you are rewarded for all this work with beautiful views of the Urubamba Valley below. Soon you reach the serene ruins of Phuyupatamarca, or the ‘Town above the Clouds’, at about 3650 m (11972 ft) above sea level. We camp for the final night close to Wiñay Wayna (Forever Young) ruins, a grandiose terraced hillside site, with panoramic views of the valley below and just a short hike from Machu Picchu. Approx. walking time 8 – 9 hours.(CAMPING)
Arrive at Machu Picchu (Overnight Cusco): Today we visit the remarkable Machu Picchu. There is no way to describe the feeling of the first views of Machu Picchu, as the mist rises off the mountains early in the morning and the famous ruin appears in front of you. It may be called the Sun Gate but bear in mind we are in the cloud forest and sometimes “Cloud Gate” would be a more suitable name. The morning is dedicated to exploring the extraordinary site of Machu Picchu, where your guide will be on hand to explain and give you an insight into the life of the Incas at Machu Picchu. For the keen, there’s also the opportunity to climb the sacred peak of Huaya Picchu. In the afternoon, we take the train from Aguas Calientes back to Cusco. Approx. walking time 2 hours.(HOTEL)
Bus ride from Cusco to Puno (With stops) leaving cusco at 7:00 am arriving to puno at 5:00 pm) and exploring places which are shown below.
ANDAHUAYLILLAS: It is named the “Sixtine Chapel of America” and in some sense the comparison examples of the Andean popular religious art. The church of Andahuayliaas is a jewerly of the mestizo baroque architecture that developed in Cusco. Its nave presents profuse decoration, especially in the celling decorated with carved panels which is a recover with pan de oro (type of gold decoration).
RAQCHI (Temple of Wiracocha God): To 121 Km of Cusco, it was an Inca church of monumental dimensions: 100 meters of length by 26 meters of wide and 14 meters of height; the temple is divided in two naves and each nave shows basics of 11 giant columns. The bases of the church are bulit perfectly carving stones continued with adobe. It is aprpreciated besides qolqas or granary places of military order, religious, Inka between others.
LA RAYA: Media point in the rout of Cusco – Puno. It is the highest part, it has 4335 meters above sea level, we can appreciate beautiful landscapes, llamas and vivuÃ±as, geographic union between two cultures quechua and aymara, we can see the Altiplano arid and dry union with the quechua zone with rivers and valleys.
PUKARA: It is the most important and oldest ceremonial center of the Altiplano, preceding to tiahunaco, characterized by a series oh echelon platforms ceremonial center. It’s also possible to appreciate interesting litosculptures, trails or tomb stone of intriguing personage that seems to show evidence of a brave civilization. here is where it was discovered the origins of the Andean culture in the Altiplano.
Day 11: UROS- AMANTANI (OVERNIGHT AT AMANTANI ISLANDS)
After breakfast, we will take a two-hour motor boat excursion on the waters of Lake Titicaca, which straddles the border of Peru and Bolivia, to the unique floating “islands” of the Uros. These ancient inhabitants of the lake, known as the Water Tribe, have built their own “islands” by periodically adding new layers of a type of reed unique to the area called “totora”. Their homes and boats are also made of this material. There are over forty of these islands, which have strategic defenses such as watch towers just in case!
Then it is on to Amantani Island, which is inhabited by over 3,000 Quechua-speaking natives, still governed by their ancient traditions, whose main occupations are the production of ceramics and textiles. You can explore the Inca and Tiahuanco archaeological remains on the island. The positive energy here is so powerful, you have an almost panoramic view of the lake and you will not want to miss the sunset and sunrise either.
Lunch is a simple affair provided by us before staying overnight at the house of a local islander, to enjoy the hospitality of a typical Amantani home.
Day 12: TAQUILE-PUNO
After a good breakfast, you will visit Taquile island, a narrow, long and quite hilly island, of approximately 15 square kilometers, which was once used as a prison when it belonged to the Spanish. You will meet its inhabitants and admire their colorful textile fabrics, which has been their staple trade since time immemorial. Here you can also enjoy a highly scenic trek, followed by lunch in a local restaurant. Then you will back to puno port at 5:00pm.(Hotel in Puno)
Flight From Juliaca to Lima. and transfer to the Bus station (Depends on the Flight if we get in the afternoon we do overnight in Lima.
Early Morning we take a bus ride to Nazca which is 4 hours and we explore and fly over the nazca lines and then the bus back to lima arriving to lima at 6:00pm aprox transfer to the Airport to take your international flight (End of the Service)
Add on the Amazon Rainforest, Colca Canyon, and other extension tours or treks. Let us know.
QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS INCLUDES:
- Domestic Airfares
- Lima – Cusco Airfare
- Juliaca – Lima Airfare
Inca Trail 4/D 3/N
(Group size 02 to 06 ppl average; Max 08 person)
- Inca Trail English Guide
- Cook in charge of all meal, Porters: To carry camping equipment, portable table and chairs, food, and kitchen/cooking equipment
Inca Trail Permit along with Entrance to Inca Trail and Machupicchu as well as porters permit.
- Camping Equipment 4 season tent(04ppl tent for 02ppl) & Self-inflating Therm-a-rest mattresses
- Private Bus to km 82, Return Tourist backpacker Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and Bus back to Cusco.
- Meals: Breakfast (03), Lunch (03), Dinner (03), Morning Snack (03), Afternoon Snack (03)
Hotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
- 06 nights of hotel accommodation,
- 01 night of Homestay in Amantani(Puno)
- 03 nights of camping on the Inca Trail
Hotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
- LIMA: 02 nights of hotel accommodation
- CUSCO: 05 nights of hotel accommodation
- PUNO: 02 night of hotel accommodation
- HOMESTAY: 01 night of Homestay in Amantani(Puno)
- INCA TRAIL: 03 nights Camping
Lima Tour: City Tour
- Includes Tourist bus, English Guide & Entrance fees
Cusco Tours: / City Tour & Sacred Valley
- City Tour: Includes Tourist bus & English Guide (Tourist Attractions to see: Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay)
- Sacred Valley of the Incas (Awanacancha, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros)
Cusco Sport Tour Rafting : Full Day.(Chuquicahuana) Urubamba River
- All Included, Food, Guide, Equipment, Transportation
Horseback Riding Maras and Moray : Full Day.
- All Included, Food, Guide, Equipment, Transportation
- Private Cuzco Airport Transfers
- Private Lima Airport Transfers
- All Transfers Hotel Terminal/Airport Transfers
- Tour Bus from Cusco – Puno(Includes: Tourist Bus, Guide, Buffet Lunch, Entrance fees to the tourist places)
- 2 Day Lake Titicaca Islands Tour(Includes: Motorized boat, Guide, Meals: Breakfast (01), Lunch (02), Dinner (01), Entrance fee to the islands: Uros, Amantani & Taquile)
- Quechuas Expeditions T-Shirt
- Bus Lima – Nazca -Lima
- Flight over Nazca Lines
AYMARAS EXPEDITIONS DOESNT INCLUDE:
– International Airfares.(Please Give us Details of you Flight Tickets to pick you up from the airport) Flight Number & Company Name.)
– All airport departure tax – Lima International Departure tax is approximately US$35 and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$8
– Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
– Meal Budget : Allow approx. US$10 US$15 for every meal not included.
– Sleeping bags US$5 per day & hiking poles US$ 4 per day (02 poles/black diamond or Leki) can be easily rented from us. Let us know.
– Tips for the guides, porters and other staff.
– Lunch and dinner whilst staying at hotels.
– Alcoholic drinks, tickets for the hot springs at Aguas Calientes
– Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
– We will gladly arrange additional accommodation for you before or after your trip: In Lima/Cuzco/Machu Picchu.
– Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Quechuas Expeditions will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc.. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at passenger’s expense.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Please Note: Walking and journey times are approximate and the package includes Classic Inca Trail see availability first.
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies)
• Travel insurance (and some copies)
• Airline tickets (and some copies)
• US$ cash and travellers cheques
• Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
• Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
• Camera and films
• Rechargeable batteries and adapters
• Reading/writing material
• Cover for backpacks
• Fleece top
• Windproof/waterproof jacket
• Small towel and swim wear
• Sun hat
• 2 pairs of shorts
• 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
• 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
• Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes
• Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
• Sport hiking sandals
• Sun block
• Toiletries (biodegradable)
• Watch or alarm clock
• Water bottle
• Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
• Flashlight (head light recommended)
• Money belt
• Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
• Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
• Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
• Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us )
• Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
• Thermal underwear
• Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
Prices & Availability