Amazon Jungle Tambopata 4D/3N
Reception at the airport. Transfer to our office located in the city of Puerto Maldonado. Luggage which you don’t need during your stay in the Rainforest can be kept in our storage room to facilitate the transport. Embarkment at the port “Puerto de Capitanía” towards our Lodge: 40 minutes of navigation on the Madre de Dios river. Arrival at the facilities of the Lodge Amazon Garden Lodge, where you will be received with a refreshment of natural fruit of the season. Your guide will give you the necessary information for your stay and hand over the keys to your bungalow and security safe, followed by the lunch and some time to rest until the first excursion. 3:30 pm: Departure for your first contact with the Rainforest. Your guide will show you tropical trees, medicinal plants and the exuberant nature of the 60-hectare-area of Amazon Garden Lodge. A short stop at a viewpoint where toucans and other birds can be spotted. The duration of this hike is 2 to 3 hours. Back at the Lodge, you can relax in the hammocks on the terrace of your bungalow, savor an exotic cocktail at the bar, enjoy a relaxing massage by our qualified staff, visit our shop for a handcrafted souvenir of the Rainforest or head to the riverside to view the breathtaking sunset. 7:00 pm: “Caiman Safari”. Before dinner, we will leave for a nocturnal boat trip to observe caimans and, with a bit of luck, other animals which populate the riverbank.
Wake up at 5:30 am for some coffee or tea before leaving for Lake Sandoval. Your guide will hand out a breakfast snack for the excursion. 6:00 am: After roughly 20 minutes of navigation on the river Madre de Dios, arrival at the landing stage of Lake Sandoval. During a 3 km hike through the exuberant vegetation, we will enter the territory of Tambopata National Reserve, where you will have the chance to admire giant trees, snakes, monkeys (squirrel monkeys, howler monkeys and capuchin monkeys) and various birds (notably the Hoatzin – also known as the stinkbird -, kingfishers and snakebirds). Once on Lake Sandoval, we will navigate in small rowing boats, searching for the giant otters. We will also have the possibility to spot caimans, piranhas and a variety of birds. We will then stop at a rest area, a typical construction for the region with hammocks, lavatories and a bar, where you can eat breakfast, rest and collect your strength for the way back to the landing stage and the continuation of the journey to Monkey Island. On Monkey Island, about 5 species of monkeys live in the wild. The animals are used to visitors and can come very close. Therefore, it is very important to always follow the instructions of your guide. 1:30 pm: Return to the Lodge for lunch. 3:30 pm: Visit of one of the two lookout towers of Amazon Garden Lodge, with a height of 20 and 42 meters and designed for birdwatching and viewing of other types of animals living at this altitude. In addition, you will enjoy an incredible view of the sunset. (The guide will consult the guests on their preferences and adapt this excursion accordingly.) You will then have some free time to enjoy the pool or a massage, get refreshed at the bar or visit our souvenir shop. 8:00 pm: Dinner
8:00 am: Breakfast, 9:00 am: After a 20 minutes boat trip down the river, we arrive at the chacra, that is a local farm owned by a typical family of the agricultural region, where domestic plants are carefully cultivated, without the use of chemicals, and which are later offered at the main market in Puerto Maldonado. We will distinguish and even taste different tropical fruits of the season and other domestic products (cacao, banana, cocona, breadfruit, noni, manioc, lime,…). Next we are received by a native family, who will show us some of their customs and demonstrate their main activities, that is fishing, hunting and handicraft, passed on by their ancestors from various indigenous tribes of the Rainforest. You will learn about some natural products and how they are used to manufacture tools, dwellings, clothing and ornaments, playing an important role in the family’s everyday life. They will also reveal some secrets of their medicinal plants, notably the Ayahuasca. The visit ends with an outdoor lunch, being an unique experience, both for the family and their guests. Return to Amazon Garden Lodge – Recreation/Free time, 8:00 pm: Dinner
Wake up at 5:30 am for some coffee or tea before leaving for a 20 minutes walk to the clay lick, where you will have the possibility to observe 3 to 5 types of parrots. The parrots come to the clay lick to ingest a particular kind of clay, to be found in certain areas of this region, and vital for the regulation of their metabolism. A colorful and veritable delightful and exciting event. 8:00 am: Breakfast and free time, After breakfast, transit to the city of Puerto Maldonado in our boats. One of our vehicles will receive you at the port. After a short stop at our office, we will drive to the local market where the population supplies itself with food and other products. During a short visit, you will be able to appreciate the different typical products of the area. We will then head to the airport for the check-in and registration of your respective flights. Order and time line of the excursions can be modified by the guide in coordination with the management where advisable, given the physical condition of our guests and the prevailing climate.
AMAZON TAMBOPATA JUNGLE INCLUDES:
- Pre departure tambopata jungle trip breafing at the hotel/office
- Qualified naturalist native jungle English/Spanish-speaking guide
- cook who is charge of making the food /cooking equipment
- camping equipment/tents and mats (in case we camp in the jungle)
- Transportation by private bus from Puerto Maldonado/Airport to Port of Capitania/Puerto Maldonado Airport
- Transportation by private boat: Puerto Maldonado / Peru Amazon Garden Lodge / Puerto Maldonado
- Overnights in lodges and camping huts
- Mineral water all the time
- Meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Tambopata Reserved zone(Lago Sandoval Lake)entrance fee
- Vegetarian option…send us you requirements please.
- Entrance to the Ecological Reserve.
- First Aid Kit (bring your personal Medication)
- Transfers / airport / Lodge / airport.
IT DOESNT INCLUDE:
- International and Domestic Airfares. and aiport taxes
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON THIS AMAZON TAMBOPATA JUNGLE:
- Rainforest expeditions are not comfortable tours, but with the following equipment you will get the best out of the forest and yourself:
- Binoculars (imperative)
- Flashlight with spare bulbs and extra batteries
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired from us US$5 a day) in case you want to sleep in tent.
- Day pack
- Long pants and long-sleeved shirts
- T-shirts light shirts
- Shorts/Bathing suit
- Sweater or light jacket
- 1 pair of hiking boots and 1 pair of light shoes or trekking sandals
- Long socks
- Rain gear
- Rubber boots (only in the rainy season-we provide them)
- Sunhat, sunglasses, sun block
- Insect repellent (with at least 60% DEET) and after bite
- Plastic bags (to keep everything dry)
- Water bottle
- Copy of a valid passport/Peruvian Imigration card Copy as well.
- Copy of yellow fever and tetanus vaccinations
- Money for soft drinks or beers and handicrafts
Prices & Availability
2017 Price per person US$440/Double/Twin bed room(Private bungalow)
Payment of deposit:
1. For any our Amazon Tambopata Natural reserve Jungle tour
We request a non-refundable deposit US$100 per person along with personal details of each member participating in the trek:
Full Passport names
Date of Birth(DOB)